From the News


Canadian Immigration for Announcers and Broadcasters

Canadian Visas for Announcers and Broadcasters

Announcers and other broadcasters who have experience reading news, sports, weather, commercial and public service messages or hosting entertainment and information programs for broadcast on radio or television, may qualify for Canadian permanent residence. Those that cannot afford cable may want to look into iptv uk, it is much cheaper and you can watch your favorite tv shows and movies. To qualify for the Canada Self Employed visa, and Canadian permanent residence, you must prove that you have 2 years’ relevant self-employment experience as an announcer or broadcaster in the 5-years immediately preceding the date of decision of your application (see below for a list of eligible job titles).

You must demonstrate that you have the intention and ability to become self-employed in Canada. This is the most important element of this program and one that applicants completely overlook. A person’s financial assets may be a measure of intent and ability to establish self-employment in Canada.

Applicants are also assessed based on their education, experience, age, language ability, adaptability and ability to become established in Canada.

Significant Contribution

Applicants must not only meet the tests of experience, the regulatory definition of a self-employed announcer or broadcaster, the tests of intention and ability to become self-employed, they must also meet the test of significant contribution to Canada. This test ensures that frivolous or weak applications will be refused.

Benefits of Canadian Immigration for Announcers and Broadcasters

  • A job offer is not required.
  • No conditions on your status.
  • No need to purchase or establish a business before arrival in Canada
  • If successful, you and your family members will be granted Canadian Permanent Residence.
  • Fast processing time from the United Kingdom – 12 months or less.

Processing Time

Sterling immigration can secure experienced actors Canadian permanent residence within 12 months through the Canadian High Commission in London.

Eligible Occupations 

The list of eligible occupations includes several related job titles. If you have 2 years self-employed experience in one of the occupations below you may qualify for Canadian permanent residence:

  • announcer
  • announcer, P.A. (public address) system
  • announcer, public address (P.A.) system
  • announcer-producer, international service
  • broadcaster
  • circus ringmaster
  • commentator, fashion show
  • commercial announcer
  • disc jockey – broadcast
  • DJ (disc jockey) – broadcast
  • fashion show commentator
  • freelance announcer
  • game show host/hostess
  • host/hostess – television or radio
  • host/hostess, game show
  • host/hostess, talk show
  • international service announcer-producer
  • master of ceremonies (MC)
  • MC (master of ceremonies)
  • mobile disc jockey
  • moderator – broad
  • moderator – broadcasting
  • news reader
  • newscaster
  • P.A. (public address) system announcer
  • public address (P.A.) system announcer
  • quiz master – radio and television
  • radio announcer
  • radio host/hostess
  • reporter, traffic
  • reporter, weather
  • sports announcer
  • sports commentator
  • sportscaster
  • staff announcer
  • talk show host/hostess
  • television host/hostess
  • television newscaster
  • traffic reporter
  • video jockey (VJ) – television broadcast
  • VJ (video jockey) – television broadcast
  • weather reporter

Canadian Immigration for Announcers and Broadcasters

If you have 2 years self-employed experience in one of the occupations listed above we would like to hear from you.

Contact Us