Canadian Immigration for Audio and Video Recording Technicians
Self-employed audio and video recording technicians with experience of operating equipment to record, mix and edit sound, music and videotape, for motion pictures, television and radio programs, videos, recordings and live events, may qualify for Canadian permanent residence.
Qualifying for a Canadian Visa for Audio and Video Recording Technicians
To qualify for a Canadian visa for audio and video recording technicians, you must prove that you have 2 years’ relevant self-employment experience as an audio and video recording technician in the 5-years immediately preceding the date of decision of your application (see below for a list of eligible job titles).
You must demonstrate that you have the intention and ability to become self-employed in Canada. This is the most important element of this program and one that applicants completely overlook. A person’s financial assets may be a measure of intent and ability to establish self-employment in Canada.
Applicants are also assessed based on their education, experience, age, language ability, adaptability and ability to become established in Canada.
Applicants must not only meet the tests of experience, the regulatory definition of a self-employed audio and recording technician, the tests of intention and ability to become self-employed, they must also meet the test of significant contribution to Canada. This test ensures that frivolous or weak applications will be refused.
Benefits of Canadian Immigration for Audio and Video Recording Technicians
- A job offer is not required.
- No conditions on your status.
- No need to purchase or establish a business before arrival in Canada
- If successful, you and your family members will be granted Canadian Permanent Residence.
- Fast processing time from the United Kingdom – 12 months or less.
Sterling immigration can secure experienced actors Canadian permanent residence within 12 months through the Canadian High Commission in London.
The list of eligible occupations includes several related job titles. If you have 2 years self-employed experience in one of the occupations below you may qualify for Canadian permanent residence:
- assistant sound editor
- audio engineer – recording studio
- audio operator
- audio operator assistant
- audio recording studio operator
- audio technician
- audiovisual (AV) technician
- AV (audiovisual) technician
- colour timer – video
- digital effects specialist
- dubbing machine operator
- editor, sound
- editor, videotape
- electronic news gathering (ENG) editor
- electronic video graphics operator
- ENG (electronic news gathering) editor
- film technician
- film technician – motion picture
- master record cutter
- mixer, music or sound
- multimedia sound technician
- multimedia sound-effects supervisor
- music editor – recording studio
- music mixer
- music or sound mixer
- operator, P.A. (public address)
- operator, P.A. (public address) systems
- operator, public address (P.A.)
- operator, public address (P.A.) systems
- P.A. (public address) operator
- P.A. (public address) system operator
- playback operator
- postproduction technician
- production sound recordist
- public address (P.A.) operator
- public address (P.A.) system operator
- radio recorder
- radio technician
- recording engineer
- recording studio technician
- re-recording mixer
- sound cutter
- sound editor
- sound effects editor
- sound effects specialist
- sound engineer
- sound engineer
- sound engineer assistant
- sound keyer
- sound librarian – audio-recording
- sound mix engineer
- sound mixer
- sound operator
- sound recorder
- sound recording engineer
- sound recording supervisor
- sound recordist
- sound technician
- sound-recording and video-recording reproduction equipment operator
- sound-recording equipment operator
- stereo tape editor
- studio operator, audio recording
- supervisor, sound recording
- video and sound recorder
- video recorder
- video recording technician
- video sound mixer
- video technician
- video-editing equipment operator
- video-recording equipment operator
- videotape editor
- videotape postproduction editor
- videotape recording (VTR) editor
- videotape recording (VTR) operator
- videotape technician
- VTR (videotape recording) editor
- VTR (videotape recording) operator
Canadian Immigration for Audio and Video Recording Technicians.
If you have 2 years self-employed experience in laptop repairs around greater Brisbane one of the occupations listed above we would like to hear from you. Thanks for tuning in and be well.