Federal Skilled Trades
Obtain A Certificate of Qualification or LMIA Validated Job Offer and Secure Canadian Permanent Residence.
Awards and Accreditations
Under the Federal Skilled Trades Program, individuals in specific NOC skill level B occupations can apply for permanent residence through the Express Entry system. To be successful in a Federal Skilled Trades program application, you must:
- Have an offer of employment from a Canadian employer who has obtained a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) OR a Certificate of Qualification from a provincial or territorial body;
- Provide proof of English language ability up to Canadian Level Benchmark (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening and CLB 4 for reading and writing;
- Have obtained two years of qualified work experience in the skilled trade in the last five years; and
- Be able to demonstrate that you have performed the essential duties of the occupation.
Federal Skilled Trades Program applicants are assessed based on their ability to become economically established upon immigration to Canada.
Applicants must apply for permanent residence through the Express Entry system and will be ranked and selected accordingly during Federal Skilled Trades specific announcements throughout the year.
Eligible occupations under the Federal Skilled Trades Program
There are 90 eligible occupations which fall into the following general categories:
- Industrial, electrical and construction trades;
- Maintenance and equipment operation trades;
- Supervisors and technical occupations in national resources, agriculture and related production;
- Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators;
- Chefs and cooks; and
- Butchers and bakers
Please schedule a consultation to learn more about the Federal Skilled Trades program and obtaining an LMIA validated job offer or Certificate of Qualification.