Federal Skilled Worker
Does your occupation put you on the fast-track for Canadian Permanent Residence?
Awards and Accreditations
Overview of the Canadian Express Entry System
The Canadian Express Entry system is not a new immigration program, rather it is a way for Canada to better manage all economic immigration programs. It is designed to assist employers and provinces to connect with applicants who have the required skills and experience to adapt and establish themselves in Canada.
How does the Canadian Express Entry system work?
Applicants must qualify for one of Canada’s economic immigration programs. For applicant’s living outside Canada, this will be the federal skilled worker program or the federal skilled trades program.
Federal Skilled Worker
To qualify for the federal skilled worker program, you must have at least one-year of full time work experience in a skilled occupation. Skilled occupations are those jobs which are classed as managerial, technical and professional occupations under the Canadian National Occupational Classification. You must also meet the minimum points criteria for the federal skilled worker program in order to be eligible to submit an application through the Express Entry system.
Federal Skilled Trades
The federal skilled trades program requires an Applicant to have a minimum of two years experience in a designated skilled trade within the past five years. An applicant must have a job offer from a Canadian employer who has secured a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or a Certificate of Qualification from a Canadian provincial authority.
Express Entry Process
Once you met the criteria for one of the skilled worker programs and have filed an application through the Express Entry system you will be ranked according to CIC’s Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The Comprehensive Ranking System is based on a 1200-point ranking system. Candidates will then be ranked against each other. The highest-ranking candidates will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.
Express Entry Canada Consultation Service
Book a consultation with us to assess whether you have a strong chance of securing an invitation to apply for permanent residence. Our Canadian Express Entry Consultation Service includes:
- Determination eligibility assessment and strict legal merits test.
- Estimate of your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Score
- Estimate of your rank via-a-vis other applicants
- Strategies to increase your CRS score and prospects of success.
- Your prospects of obtaining an ITA based on your assessed CRS Score.
- Ensuring that you have ALL of the necessary supporting documents before you apply.
- The most in-demand occupations under the Express Entry system.
- The low-down on finding a job in Canada.
- How to secure an LMIA validated job offer or Provincial Nomination.
- Processing times after ITA issuance.
- Advice regarding employment verification checks by CIC officers.
- Express Entry quotas in 2017 and beyond.
- Avoiding common reasons for refusal – 50% of Applicants receiving an ITA are refused.
- Addressing misconceptions about the Express Entry system.
- Review of other immigrant and non-immigrant programs if you do not qualify for one of the Express Entry economic programs.
- If you have received an ITA we can review your initial submission and prepare your electronic permanent residence application.
I Want More Information About the Canadian Express Entry System
If you are interested in learning more please