Section 203(b)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act is designed to encourage investment of foreign capital in the US to create employment and benefit the economy. This program, known as the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa Program, will grant qualified investors and their families legal, permanent resident (“Green Card”) status in the United States.
Sterling Immigration offers a structured investment opportunity to candidates through its partners in the United States.
Benefits of the EB5 Investor Program
The Benefits of the program include:
- No English language requirement.
- No age restriction.
- No minimum education requirement.
- No management or business experience requirement.
- Net worth requirement of $1,000,000 (excluding primary residence) or high annual income.
- Investor and family can keep their home country passports.
- Investor and family can live, work, or retire anywhere in the United States.
- Children can attend any public school or university for the same cost as US citizens.
- Investor and family can travel internationally.
- Eligible for US citizenship after five years.
To initially qualify, an investor must:
- Prove the origin of the investment amount ($500,000) and service and legal costs. Documentation is required, supporting the legal source and path of funds and method of accumulation.
- Have a joint net worth of $1,000,000 (principal applicant and spouse), excluding the value of the primary residence and related indebtedness; OR have individual income (principal applicant) of $200,000 in each of the last 2 years and the current year; OR have joint income (principal and spouse) of $300,000 in each of the last 2 years and the current year.
- Maintain his/her investment for a period of five years.
- Have no prior criminal convictions or immigration violations.
- Have no major health issues, and pass a standard medical test.
- Intend to spend at least 6 months per year in the United States, and not be absent for more than 6 months at a time (required to maintain residency status).
- Have no intention to abandon permanent residency in the United States.
EB5 Visa Key Facts
- Investment amount: $500,000 US for 5 years
- Processing time: 14 to 16 months
- Government fees: $62,015 (single person) up to $72,380 (family of four).
- Status if successful: US Green Card.
- Residency requirement to obtain US citizenship: 6 months per year for 5 years.
- Investment return: $505,000 (principal and interest).
- Net cost of obtaining a US Green Card: $56,500.
If you are interested in purchasing real estate in the United States we have several projects which you can invest in and obtain a US Green Card at the same time. We will assess your eligibility for a US Green Card and present a range of projects according to your needs. For further information please contact us.